10.08.2012

Art Adventures: Flux 2012

Last year, the bf and I went to Flux 2011 and had a wonderful time. So this year, I made it a point to remember to chekk for it. Unlike some things I attempt to remember, this one worked out. Yay me!

There was so much less art. Almost all the galleries were closed. What was that about? I was not moved, but they attempted to appease me by having lots of exhibitions on the streets. Oh and there was much more food available this time around. I didn't eat any of it...except that one cupcake, but I just wanted you to know that I noticed. The cupcake also failed to move me. *le sigh* Outside of this being a wonderful date night...strolling in the streets in the dark...under the pale moon light...among crowds of people who aren't paying you any mind, it didn't give us as much to talk about. BUT, being the me that I am, I managed to find some things to love.

We started our trip at a solo exhibition of one of my twitter followers, CPtheArtist. I guess this was a good move. Not that there was much competition, but it was our favorite art of the night. Look:

This was cool. It spoke to me. 


My fav was the one on the right. Oh, and look how LONG my hair is. 

The bf liked this one. 


I saw this on the wall:


I don't think it had anything to do with the event, but I liked it.

This was one of the cooler pieces. Interactive traffic sign. It had some very interesting things to say (directly) to us throughout the night. There was a little camera on the top so the "hackers" could interact with the people on the street. It was the rudest street sign I have ever seen. Oddly enough, I think it got one of the better responses. Apparently, people like rude signs. *shrugs* We walked by three times and there was always a large crowd around it.....including us. Hmmm...






This is purpose. Interesting. 





I really LOVED this. A hand. Holding a teacup. On the wall. When I saw it, I said "OOOOH! I can put flowers in it!" I want one. That would be interesting to put up in the house. Maybe in the kitchen.


This is too cool. 

I liked this too. Maybe in a teenage girl's room.



I do that. Make a room or story around things based on how they make me feel. If you keep up with the blog, you should have noticed that by now. I had some kind of fantastic revelation about it and I think it deserves an entire post. Maybe tomorrow.


Anyway, it was really nice to see some of the same artists featured from the year before. It was even more cool that I could recognize them based on the style. I felt all knowledgeable. Yay me! Although it wasn't AS exciting...of course, I'll give it another try next year. It'll be completely different.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks for taking pictures of the Troll exhibit. I really wanted to see how that played out.

A number of people in my circle follow CP's work. Nice stuff. Thanks for sharing pics of his show as well.