11.18.2011

Rant...Another One

Mini Rant: Maybe no one realizes that posting about their favorite lip gloss or the type of vodka they like is the equivalent of simply saying in a status that "So and so made me an awesome something or another!"

Last week this guy asked me if he could help me with anything in regard to SYM1. I said, sure, SHARE the link to my page. It's the simplest thing anyone can do. It takes all of three seconds. Do ya'll know what he told me? That he wanted to charge me for sharing my product with his fb friends. I'm like...but, YOU asked ME. *confused face* Unlike the SYM of past, I managed NOT to curse him out...directly. This from the same person who was going IN on this brand new flavor of Sean's Vodka. I bet Sean ain't send him a chekk! I'm not knokkin his hustle though. I'm not mad that he has recognized the value of his fb friends. I mean, but really? Do I look foolish? Do I look desperate? I don't feel very much desperate. *scratches head*

I can't lie. I've considered charging people for the "SHARE" but have never done it. Secondly, I considered doing it for people that hit me up for help, not people I've offered help to. Everything I share is because I like it. I don't ask for anything in return. I'm the minority and it drives me crazy. Why don't we support one another? It's ok. I don't need an answer. I'm going to make that happen.

My ultimate goal has always been to help other artists. I had an awesome idea a couple of weeks ago and it's really in line with where I want to be in a few years. It's going to get me started in the right direction. I'm going to put my energy behind it. I know I'm not the only one who's committed to our craft. I know we want to see others succeed. I'm going to pull us together. I'm going to stop fussin' and cussin' about the audacity of some people and put us around others like us. I'm more interested in those that really want to make a difference. Ignorant folks make me tired.

No comments: