11.19.2011

Big Numbers: Day 323

Howdy! Yes, I say that out loud.

Painting has been coming along slowly, but surely. Things have been very busy on the home front. I have no idea when the rest of my life became so full, but I won't complain. I like having things to do, though I do miss my paint sometimes. I LOVE having the need though, it reminds me that I'm not just doing this for fun.

I really liked the "Bossy" piece that I posted last week. So, I got all excited and started sketching another one right after I finished it. Here's what happened:

279/1000
"Day at the Museum"
11x14 Acrylic on Canvas

I love the colors and her weave is fabulous. She's really cute....but her head is too small. I'm a fan of big heads. (Did I just say that? I did. *shrugs*) Anyway, I like it. I saw something recently...don't ask me to recall it...that remind me of something I saw on Food Network's show "Best Thing I Ever Ate: Cake Walk" which is this slice of "Mondrian Cake" that you can purchase at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art for $8 a slice. I wonder what it tastes like. Hmmm...



This cake was based on the artwork of Dutch painter "Piet Mondrain." His style of art is probably very familiar to you, so now you have a name to go with the art. I did my own SYM version in the bakkground and on one of the bracelets. I like. It may happen again. Google "Mondrian Cakes" and see what the other artsy people are up to. I saw a very cute Mondrian style wedding cake. Fancy.

No comments: