1.13.2012

"Egypt"

Aiight. No more big numbers posts, because it's too hard for me to remember what day I'm on. Since I didn't make it in a year, we're going to start calling the posts by the name of the piece. Keeping it convenient in 2012. Seriously.

I started......four paintings last year that I didn't finish. I kind of got stukk on them all and I wasn't sure where to go next. Well I sat down last night for my first day of painting this year and managed to finish them both. Easily. A break truly works wonders sometimes.

Today's piece was inspired by a photo of one of my sorors. She has this photo on her fb that I liked with her wearing a nekklace that came all the way from Egypt. She's fancy. Anyway, I liked it so much I said I wanted to paint something inspired by it. Here she is:

313/1000 "Egypt"

I did the stripes in the bakk to mimic Egypt's flag, fluffed out the hair, because honestly, I like the way I do it. This time, to keep it fresh, I gave her highlights. Now she's fancy too. Although you can't see the whole thing, I imagine my version of the nekklace is actually the top of a fancy all white sun dress that you can purchase from the Victoria's Secret catalog, that chikks like "Egypt" wear with heels by the pool. Now, don't go looking for said dress, because it's probably not there. That was my imagination at work.

She's already up in the store if anyone wants to purchase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is the best time to make some plans for the future and It is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!
Pacesetter 757029 OEM Replacement Manifold Converter