I only have one piece to show for today. I think this is the longest it's EVER taken me to finish one item. I actually only worked on it 5 or 6 days, but it did occupy a lot of thought time over the course of many weeks. I originally started when I first got the order and the drawing I did was HIDEOUS. It was exhibiting diva behavior, so I got mad at it and just put it off to the side. Ultimately, I decided I wanted to work on it in peace and with nothing else on my plate. I think it made a big difference. I still didn't do what was originally requested, so I really hope he likes it, because he hasn't seen it yet. I think I've explained this in another blog post (I really must work on labeling these things), but sometimes things don't want to be what you want them to be...and this vest put up a helluva fight. However, I'm happy about the way it came out. I remembered to do a step by step for this one. So here goes!
|In the beginning....|
|3-4 coats of blue|
|Added the white to eyes and teeth. 2 coats of white.|
|The scribble makes it look like his head is on fire. EEK!|
|So, here's the change/addition I made. SMASH HANDS!|
|I have no idea if this is different than the previous one. It may not be.|
Final count for the day 1. 168/832/228 to go. Beast mode for the next 3 days. Then we'll see what happens after that.