10.04.2010

Seriously?

I have an issue. Well, it's not MY issue...or maybe it is. You can tell me what you think in the comments.

I feel like I don't fit in. That's (kinda) great! I'm an individual. I'm an artist. I shouldn't fit in. However, the issue is that I don't feel like I fit in with artsy people. Artsy people...have a LOOK...of artsiness. I'm not sure what it is or how to describe it, but I definitely don't think it's me. I have lots of theories on why this may be the case, but I'm not sure if any of them have any merit. However, this has led me to believe that people don't take me seriously as an artist. It may also be why people think I'm a rapper and/or singer...I probably look more like one of THOSE artists. lol. Either way, it's a cause for action. So, I will be trying harder to look like I didn't try as hard. I will be making a conscious effort to look like my profession. I will be transforming to look like I'm a fiercely dangerous, paintbrush wielding warrior...STAND BAKK!!!

I had all these thoughts while standing in line at Forever 21. I thought, oh this looks weird. Artsy people would wear this...so I put it on. Took a picture.

Needless to say, that was too big of a step for me. I bought a pink infinity scarf instead.

5 comments:

SYM1 said...

Lol. I think the face is worse than the hat. My mommy always says, "well it wouldn't look so bad if you didn't have your face all scrunched up like that."

Unknown said...

Sym, why bother? Artists are known for not going with the crowd, going against the grain...You may the evolution of the new artist. throughout history, each new concept of what "art" changed along with the artist. You are an Artist. You do not conform to "normal world". So, you will not conform to the "normal art world". Sym fits with Sym, not the "artsy" and "non-artsy". SN - that hat is atrocious, i shake my head at it, throw it on the ground, and stomp on it. it was ugly when Blossom wore it, and it looks ugly now. LOL

Ashley said...

the hat and your facial expression made me laugh.

SYM1 said...

@Shatorie That was the best laugh I got ALL day! Thanks! I might just be going through a stage. We'll see what time says. It has the answer to everything!

Me said...

I concur with everything Shatorie said. :)

And you look so 1995 with that hat :)