10.21.2011

Big Numbers: Day 294 ORNAMENTS!!!

Well for the past 2 years, mommy and I have been making ornaments for our tree. We've made lots of ornaments, so this year we may not have to do so many. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how nice mine were, so I'm happy to be closing in on filling the entire tree. Now I'm finally going to have (a little) time to make ornaments for you guys! Woop!

I started early this year, so everybody can get some ornaments before Christmas actually gets here. Mommy has treatment weekly, and I usually run my errands during that time, because it's almost impossible to do any work. I don't have space. I hate lugging materials around and I only really have a couple of hours anyway. I decided that I could use this time to work on the ornaments. GENIUS! I set up in the food court at the mall and made something happen. It was fun. I wish I had thought of it sooner, I would have been done by now. Oh well. Here's what I did this week:



This is an example of one of the styles I will be doing. I have these on  my tree. It's a set of 12 ribbon wrapped ornaments. Half of them have "studs" the other have multi-colored beading. Each individual bulb is different. You can pikk the colors and such.  I'll be posting some other sets as well. I'll work on them next week at chemo. I thought this would be enough to get you started and get your juices flowing for the holidays. As always, I'd be happy to make you a set. Just say the word and we'll get it all ironed out. This particular set is available for purchase.

No comments: