3.07.2012

Feeling Accomplished

There are some systems that suggest that when you have a task list, you should prioritize and do the most important tasks first. Or the hardest task first. Well, that might be effective...for somebody. It doesn't work at all for me.

I'm a habitual lister and I'm also easily distracted. I'm usually doing too many things at once, so the lists actually help me to remember what I've done and what I need to do. Then I cross things off as I go along and I begin to see the list dwindling down and lots of spaces between items (because I list in my Blakkberry). That makes me happy. What works best for me is writing my list the night before and attacking the easiest items as soon as I get out of bed. By the time I've crossed 5 small things off my list, I'm on a roll. I'm feeling good about myself and about my progress. I'm excited about all the stuff I've done already and oddly enough it gives me energy as opposed to just making me feel like I've been working all morning. If I start a difficult task early in the day and it takes 4 hours, when those 4 hours are up, I feel like I can't do anything else. I'm tired. I'm annoyed. So, when I have big things like that, I may not get to as much in a day. It's odd, but whatever. It works.

I gave my list the business today! Only 1 task left. Could have done it, but I decided to blog instead. Lukky you!

P.S. I finished one shoe. Decided, after looking at it for a while, that I don't like it. I will be starting over from the beginning. Yay!! -__-

No comments: